Best LED Lighting for your Aquarium
Looking for the latest in LED systems for your aquarium? Any aquarium – reef, fish only, freshwater with plants? We carry all the AquaRay LEDs.
These state-of-the-art LED based aquarium lights combine all the features and benefits necessary to have a modern, green and environmentally safe lighting system for any aquarium.
This page contains tons of information on the LED lights, their benefits, features and how to put together a complete system.
LED – Not Just for Reef Tanks!
What are LED lights and how can they help you, your aquarium and the environment?
AquaRay® lights are called solid state lighting (SSL), which is a type of lighting that uses light-emitted diodes (LEDs) as the sources of illumination rather than the traditional filament in incandescent light bulbs or gas used in fluorescent lamps. Solid state means that the light in an LED is emitted from a solid object – a block of semiconductor – rather than in a vacuum or gas tube (incandescent light bulbs and fluorescent lamps, respectively).
An important feature of SSL systems are that, compared to traditional lighting systems, they create visible light with reduced heat generation, which leads to greater efficiency and lower electrical costs. Furthermore, the solid state nature of LED technology provides greater resistance to shock, vibration and wear, which dramatically increases the lifespan of LEDs to considerably more than 5x that of traditional lamps.
Because LED systems generate less heat, last longer and require less electricity, they save you money in several ways:
- Lower electrical bills from running your aquarium lights
- Lower electrical bills from having to always cool your aquarium water
- Lower costs to maintain and replace lamps or bulbs
LED systems also benefit the environment:
- Less carbon footprint due to reduced electrical consumption
- No mercury – traditional systems contain mercury
- Less waste since you don’t go through as many lamps
What are the benefits of AquaRay® light systems?
AquaRay® light systems are available for every type of aquarium: reef, saltwater fish only, freshwater tanks and planted tanks.
- They have a wide-angle beam that allows them to be placed close to the aquarium surface for optimum light penetration and even light distribution.
- Less noise! Due to the low voltage system and cooler operation, noisy fans are not required which also means less water evaporation.
- Dimmable and programmable. With use of the digital AquaRay® Controller (optional on such units, standard on others) you have complete control over the lighting effect on your aquarium. Easily create sunrise, sunset, moonlight and standard daylight phases.
- Choice between light strips or light tiles.
- AquaRay® modular mounting system allows you to quickly build a custom, professional looking and functioning system with minimum tools.
What varieties of AquaRay LED systems are there?
In general there are three types of AquaRay LED systems:
- The AquaBeam 600 Solid State Aquarium 12 Watt Lighting Strip.
- The AquaBeam 1000 ND Ultra Solid State Aquarium Lighting Tile.
- The AquaBeam 1500 XG Ultima Solid State Aquarium Lighting Tile.